August 2018 – Present
I work for the Liberal Arts and Science Academy, a STEM school that ranks #1 in Austin and #34 nationally according to US News & World Report. I teach two freshmen signature classes, electronic magazine and I serve as the adviser for the yearbook classes. Check out semester magazines here and feel free to visit stetsonyearbook.com to learn more about our amazing yearbook!
October 2017 – May 2018
Previously I worked for SeedLogix, a digital marketing company serving clients around the country. Using B2B marketing strategies, Seedlogix creates online marketing materials specific to each company.
May 2016 – October 2017:
More recently I worked at Gatehouse Media in Austin, TX as a graphic designer and copy editor for over 200+ newspapers around the country. You’ll find previews of my designs and illustrations under the DESIGN page.
Jan. 2016 – May 2016:
In college, I served as the editor-in-chief of the Focus Magazine and managed a team of 20 writers and 8 photographers. I designed the complete 32-page magazine and website which has won multiple awards:
- Society of Professional Journalists: Finalist – Best Magazine
- *Western Publishing Association Maggie Awards: Best Web Publication/Student
- *Texas Intercollegiate Press Association: First Place – Overall Design, Magazine
- *Texas Intercollegiate Press Association: Second Place – Overall Excellence, Magazine
- Columbia Scholastic Press Association: First Place – Best University Student Magazine Website
- Associated Collegiate Press National Conference: Eighth Place – College News and Feature Magazine
- *Associated Collegiate Press National Conference: Second Place – Design of the Year
- *Baptist Communicators Awards: Second Place – Design – Magazine, Whole Issue
- Baptist Communicators Awards: Third Place – Focus Staff, Overall Publication – Magazine*denotes individual awards
September 2014 – May 2016:
For a good part of my college experience, I worked as a communications intern at Baylor’s School of Education. As per my communications internship, I wrote articles and helped to publish multi-media materials to market the SOE, much of my work involved video producing, briefs and article writing, flyer/poster design and illustration, and manage the social media accounts of the department. Much of my work here can be found under DESIGN, PHOTOGRAPHY, and PR.
I studied abroad in London and interned at Isango! Limited as a Web Content Writer where I wrote online content including photos, briefs, and descriptions for about 10 of their 200 websites.
In the spring 2015 semester, I was a writer for the Focus Magazine and fall 2014 I was the assistant editor for the Focus Magazine. My freshman year (2012-2013) I worked as a reporter for the Baylor Lariat Newspaper writing on alumni and student government news then shifting to feature pieces which can be found in the NEWSPAPER and MAGAZINE tabs. In high-school, I was also the Features editor for the school newspaper.